The main objective of the Learning Game project is to promote the application of innovative strategies and solutions to education, making an effective use of videogames as teaching and learning tools.
The Learning Game Portal contains 3 databases where users can search for:
- eLearning based teaching materials, focusing on the main subject areas taught in European secondary schools
- Videogames which have been evaluated and reviewed for their educational potential by European secondary school teachers
- Softwares that can be used to produce innovative e-learning based educational material and videogames with an educational purpose.
The Learning Game portal also provide access to:
- Tutorials, organized into Software Tutorials on the use of software for the development of e-learning material and educational videogames. Courses Tutorials providing guidelines for the development of the educational videogames that are contained in the Pilot Courses section of this portal.
- Training Manual addressed to teachers on the application of multimedia solutions to education and on the development of videogames for educational purposes.
- Teacher Workshops section, presenting the activities carried out during the parallel workshop held in the partners countries on the topic of the application of videogames to education.
- Pilot courses developed by the secondary school teachers involved in the project. These pilot courses try to exploit the potential of multimedia and videogame technology for educational purposes.